Welspun's Triple ESG Initiative in India
Welspun India; a leading home textile manufacturer in India, renowned for its exceptional quality and craftsmanship. We pride ourselves on our ability to create innovative and stylish home textiles that are designed to elevate the living spaces of our customers. However, at Welspun, we understand that our success goes beyond just producing high-quality products. As a socially responsible company, we realize the significance of being a good corporate citizen and contributing to the well-being of the communities through our ESG initiatives.
That is why we proactively and consistently engage in sustainable practices, such as reducing our environmental footprint, promoting fair labor practices, and supporting local communities. Our commitment to sustainable development is driven by the strong motive of enriching lives of the local people wherever we operate. We believe that by being socially responsible, we can not only benefit our company but also make a positive impact on the world around us. Our triple impact initiative for Education, Empowerment, and Health and the Environment is a clear demonstration of our commitment to sustainable development and our dedication to making a positive impact on the lives of the communities we serve.
Wel-Netrutva - Health and Environment
- With a focus on providing health benefits for women and children, the Wel-Netrutva program aims to address the critical issue of malnutrition among women and children in rural India.
- The initiative works to improve curative & preventive medical treatments in rural India through awareness camps, focused group discussions & a mobile medical unit.
- The goal of the program is to improve the health and livelihood of women, with the ultimate aim of creating women entrepreneurs.
- The company also prioritizes the implementation of an enhanced approach towards menstrual health and hygiene management, reproductive health, and preventive and curative healthcare.
- Empowers women entrepreneurs by enabling them to earn a monthly income and uplift the financial status of the family.
- Welspun is committed to empowering women by enabling them to create alternative livelihoods and improve their earning capacities, which in turn promotes gender equality, advances their social status, and increases civic participation.
Wel-Shiksha - Education
- The Wel-Shiksha program aims to improve teaching and learning outcomes for teachers and students through the use of technology.
- Based on a holistic approach towards learning, the goal of the program is to help children from beneficiary schools find identity, meaning, and purpose in life through education.
- Through the use of technology, the Wel-Shiksha program enhances the teaching and learning outcomes of teachers and students to make education more effective.
- Welspun India's Wel-Shiksha program is dedicated to modernizing government primary classrooms through digital technology. This includes equipping students and teachers with state-of-the-art tools such as interactive whiteboards, tablets, and digital educational resources to enhance the learning experience.
- With 495+ classroom installations and 1100+ teachers trained, the program has reached a vast number of students, positively impacting the lives of 80000+ students.
Wel-SuperSport - Women Empowerment
- The Welspun Super Sport Women initiative aims to identify and support talented sportswomen from underserved communities and towns across India.
- The initiative has on boarded 45+ athletes that have participated in 20+ games and have won 466 medals till date.
- The program has been successful in promoting the growth and career opportunities of women athletes, with notable participants such as Manasi Joshi, Palak Kohli, Parul Parmar, Nikhat Zareen and Revathi Veenamani achieving success in international, national, and state-level competitions.
- The Welspun Super Sport Women initiative aims to promote women athletes in their growth journey and make them successful in their sports careers.
In conclusion, Welspun's Triple Impact Initiative - Education, Empowerment and Environment & Health—and their programs such as Wel-Netrutva, Wel-Shiksha, and Welspun Super Sport Women—are examples of how as a leader in textile industry we can contribute to sustainable development and make a positive impact on the lives of the communities we serve. These initiatives not only benefit the individuals and families directly involved but also contribute to a more equitable and prosperous society.